If your new year’s resolution was to cut down on your screen time—how’s that working out for you? It’s barely a week old, and 2021 has already been a nonstop stream of major news events demanding our attention and the constant refreshing of our news feeds.
Whether you want or desperately need to do a digital detox, you may be interested in learning more about an opportunity to spend 72 hours completely unplugged in a secluded Airbnb with snacks, gas money and a paycheck to boot. Here’s what to know.
The person (and their optional plus-one) selected for this adventure will spend three nights in a secluded Airbnb. They’ll also get a $200 stipend for gas and a delivery of snacks for their stay. Aside from logging exactly zero hours of screen time, the winner will also be responsible for completing a series of tasks (more on that below). Then, at the end of the excursion, they’ll get a $200 cash bonus for resisting their beloved devices. The whole package is valued up to $2,021.
Rules and requirements
In addition to being a U.S. resident over the age of 18 and agreeing to the terms & conditions of the challenge, the chosen person must adhere to the following rules:
- Leaving digital devices of all types in your vehicle
- Avoiding any screens or devices that happen to be in your Airbnb
- Keeping a daily journal of your experience
- Completing a short mindfulness exercise each day (Trips To Discover will provide some expert advice)
- Snapping shots of your favorite moments with a (provided) single-use camera
How to apply
All you need to do for a shot at this getaway is fill out this form, including explaining:
- Why you need to unplug and refresh in 2021
- How you anticipate this trip will affect your mood going into the new year
Applications will be accepted until 11:59 pm PST on January 31, 2021. Good luck!