YouTube is lastly permitting YouTube creators to alter their channel’s title and profile image with out the edits affecting their linked Google Accounts. Previous to this transformation, a YouTube channel’s branding was tied to the person’s Google Account data, so that you’d have to alter your Google account’s title and profile picture should you wished to replace your channel.
After the change, your Google Account and YouTube channel may be separate entities—you not have to seem as, say, “SuperProGamingDudesVideos” in Gmail, or use your full title as your YouTube channel’s title should you don’t wish to.
This beneficial for retaining your private and YouTube identities separate, however there are a couple of caveats that established creators want to remember:
- Altering the title of a verified channel will take away verification standing. You may reapply for verification, however you’ll should undergo the identical course of as earlier than to earn the badge again.
- Altering a channel’s title won’t change your channel’s customized URL.
- Musical artists will maintain the musical word icons subsequent to their channel’s branding even after modifying the channel’s title.
The brand new Youtube channel modifying choices work on each desktop and within the YouTube cellular app.
Find out how to edit your YouTube channel’s branding on desktop:
- Open YouTube studio in your browser.
- Click on “Customization” from the sidebar menu.
- Go to the “Branding” tab, then click on “Change” subsequent to your profile image to add a brand new one.
- Go to the “Fundamental information” tab and click on the pencil icon subsequent to your channel’s title to edit it.
- Click on “Publish” to save lots of your adjustments and replace your channel’s information.
Find out how to edit your YouTube channel’s branding on Android/iOS:
- Open the YouTube app, then faucet your profile image within the upper-right.
- Faucet “Your channel.”
- Faucet “Edit channel.”
- Edit your channel’s title and/or profile photographs.
- Save your adjustments.
If you wish to change your Google Account’s data however not your YouTube Channel’s, sign up to myaccount.google.com and edit your title or profile icon from the “Private information” tab.
Word: If YouTube nonetheless says that modifying your channel’s title or profile image will mirror throughout all Google companies, it simply means the adjustments haven’t rolled out to your account but. Google’s rollouts may be annoyingly uneven, however maintain checking again—ultimately, you too will be capable to change your channel information with out affecting your Google account.