The primary public beta for watchOS 8 is now out there, giving customers an opportunity to check out all the brand new options coming to Apple Watch Collection 3, 4, 5, 6, and SE units later this 12 months. This early model of watchOS 8 contains the respiratory sleep monitoring, new exercise modes and multi-timer assist, and tons of latest modifications to numerous Apple Watch apps together with:
- Images: Help for recollections and highlights, and pictures may be shared by means of iMessages and Mail.
- FindMy: AirTag monitoring assist.
- Apple Music: Now you can share music through Messages.
- Climate: Precipitation notifications if rain is anticipated within the subsequent hour.
There are tons of different small tweaks in watchOS 8, all of which you’ll try proper now—but solely if in case you have an iPhone operating the iOS 15 beta. We will aid you set up the iOS 15 beta, however we strongly suggest you don’t set up both iOS 15 or watchOS 8 betas in your major units. Bugs and efficiency points might make them unusable, and you can not roll again to watchOS 7 as soon as the watchOS 8 beta is put in. It’s higher to attend a couple of extra months for the secure variations to reach.
With these warnings apart, right here’s enroll your Apple Watch into Apple’s beta program so you’ll be able to set up watchOS 8 public beta now.
- Ensure your iPhone and Apple Watch are charged, paired, and close to one another.
- In your iPhone with iOS 15, open Apple’s beta program webpage.
- Click on “Get began,” check in along with your Apple ID and comply with the phrases to enroll your account in this system.
- Go to the “watchOS” tab and faucet “Obtain profile.” Enable the obtain, if prompted.
- Choose “Set up” then observe the on-screen directions.
- Faucet to restart your Apple Watch when prompted.
After the Apple Watch reboots, will probably be able to obtain the watchOS 8 replace. There are two methods to start out the obtain:
- In your Apple Watch, go to Settings > Basic > Software program Replace and choose “Obtain and Set up.”
- Within the Apple Watch app in your iPhone, go to Basic > Software program Replace, then faucet “Obtain and Set up.”
Observe the on-screen directions. As soon as the set up is full, you’ll be prompted to restart your Apple Watch one final time. After it reboots, will probably be operating the watchOS 8 public beta.