Keeping up with what day of the week it is has been a challenge, and everyone has their own methods for dealing with that: For some, it’s a fancy app, for others, it’s a good old-fashioned paper calendar or planner. But for those motivated by fast food, McDonald’s has an offer to help us mark the passage of time. From now through June, customers can get a free order of fries on Fridays when they order at least $1 of other food through the chain’s app. Here’s what to know.
How to get free fries on Fridays at McDonald’s
Obviously, this promotion is referred to as “Fry Day,” and you can start taking advantage of this deal today. In fact, you can (hypothetically) get your free medium order of fries every Friday between now and June 27, 2021. (But just because you can doesn’t mean you should.)
What to do:
- Download the McDonald’s app, if you haven’t done so already. (Note: If you’re new to the app, you’ll get a free large order of fries, so plan accordingly—those suckers get cold quickly.)
- On Fridays, add at least $1’s worth of food (excluding tax) to an order using the app.
- Go to the deals tab and select the “Free Fries Friday” deal, then tap the “Add Deal to Mobile Order” button.
- Pay for your order using a credit card.
- Get to your local participating McDonald’s and check in, so they know you’re ready for your order.
- Either pick it up via the drive-thru window, or request curbside pickup.
- Have fries.
Customers can take advantage of this offer once per customer per Friday. (Again, this is not a recommendation or challenge.)